Friday, December 16, 2011

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Christmas is far-and-away my favorite holiday. It's a time of year focused on my favorites things: our Saviour, my family, parties and crazy decorations.  The little girl inside of me that craves things that are over-the-top and sparkly comes out in a vengeance. Huge, glittery ornaments...and I start to lose my self-control. While I am a pretty frugal person in general, when September rolls around (yes, that is when the ornaments and ribbon at Hobby Lobby start going on sale) my husband has to reel me back in.


O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree
Much pleasure thou can'st give me!


I made our stocking the year I had Jack. I knew I wanted one more baby so I made an extra. Now Will has one, but if God plans on me having more babies I guess I will have to get my sewing machine back out.







The basketball hoop and toys in the background are so appropriate for my life now. I often stress out at the fact that my house is always over run with toys. I know that in a few years when my kids only want to play computers in their rooms I will ache for these messy days. This morning my 2 1/2 year old, Jack, and one his very best friends Laci got out every toy in our play room and packed them up in bags. They informed me that this was necessary because they were "pirates." Where do they come up with these things? Plus, they say it with such enthusiasm.



These sweet boys are very worth the mess! (Thank you Miss Ronda for our Christmas shirts.)


At our old house I put this tree in the kitchen. Now it only fits up stairs outside my kids room. It always makes me smile to think of our first house and the memories there.


I love this Nativity Scene. My sweet mother-in-law gives me a new piece each year. I love a tradition! Such a great way to remember the true meaning of Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. Your Christmas decorations are beautiful! It's my favorite time of the year, too!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!Christmas decorations have been so fun with my 2 1/2 year old. He loves them!

    ReplyDelete