Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas Train Ride

 
The Polar Express has been one of Jack's favorite books throughout the whole year. I even tried to hide it once so I could save it for Christmas...he found it. So I knew the Christmas Train ride would be a big deal for our family. It has been a family favorite for the last couple of years, but it seems that these things get even more fun as the boys get bigger each year. We started our Advent Calendar so I put 2 Golden Tickets in today's envelope. Jack literally jumped up and down when he pulled his out. Will pulled his out and crumpled it up in his hand. I struggle with anxiety and control issues - Will is definitely my gift from God that teaches me to let go of the small stuff.
 
 
The March's (http://www.adollopofmylife.com/) and Allen's, some of our best friends, met us for the ride. It was only about a 45 minute ride which was perfect since our kids have tons of energy and sitting still for too long is a little unrealistic.
 
Jack, Brayden, Connor, Paige and Avery
 
 
 
Will discovered rocks today.

They are such sweet girls and so cute. They make me want to have a little girl that I can dress up! Probably not the best reason.

Boys just hanging out.

They look too big. I remember when they were newborns together.

 
Running up and down the aisles.

Notice what's missing from the Dads' pictures. No kids. Smart Dads.

What a cute picture with Santa. I think this is Jack's first picture with Santa where he looks happy!

Every year I read the Polar Express to the boys as we ride on the train.

Then we drink hot chocolate and eat goodies.

There was a pony ride after the train ride.

 
It was a great morning!! Happy boys with no melt downs. I love that at this age the boys get so excited about doing these fun activities.
 
 
We ended our day picking out our Christmas tree at Wisconsin Trees.  It's our 8th year getting our tree there. I love a tradition!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment