Sunday, January 1, 2012

My Top 10 of 2011

10. My family took their annual trek to Gulf Shores. Will saw the ocean for the first time. Jack preferred to play in the pool (very cautiously.) And I treasured the few hours that I spent reading on the beach with a cold Diet Coke while the boys napped.




9. My Razorbacks had an awesome season. While there was some heartbreak and anxiety-filled games, it was so exciting to watch some awesome football! I'm holding my breath for the Cotton Bowl.



8. I finished my Bible read-through provided by Fellowship (my church.) I gave myself 2 years; I knew that other things might take-up my quiet time sometimes. It is really sweet for me to think that I started when Jack was about Will's age and finished with my new sweet baby. Probably a really crucial time for me to be reading God's Word.

7. Family Reunions! My family never tires of a reason to get together. Each year my dad's family comes to Northwest AR and we spend several days together playing at Devil's Den and one afternoon at the Jones Center. My mom's side of the family gets together at a shabby little place on the lake by Branson (we have stayed at the same place since I was Jack's age.)



6. Watching Jack grow into a sweet and caring older brother has melted my heart in so many ways. Everyday I witness them both love-on each other and develop a bond that I know will grow forever.





5. I did a Bible Study this past summer - Called to be a Keeper with some of my closest friends and some new girls. It was life changing. The study itself was eye opening to the type of wife and mother that God has called me to be. Each week a new mentor came to share their life experiences, they included some awesome Christian women like Michelle Duggar, Amy Hannon and Julie Robinson. I learned so much.



4. Many of my best friends have moved away but I am so grateful that we all remain close. In 2012 we will all celebrate our sweet Sommer as she gets married!! I'm married with 2 kids and it still feels that we are all too young to be getting married.


3. My sister and her family moved so much closer (to Alabama) and now she has blessed me with a new niece!


2. My hubby and I got a chance to get away alone to Mt. Magazine for a weekend before Will was born. (We also did this 2 years ago before Jack.) Not only do I love him more now than I did the day we got married, I like him more. He makes me laugh, get giddy and feel safe.




1. Top Event of 2011 - My baby boy Will was born. He smiles constantly and lights up my life. I have a feeling that he is going to keep me on my toes. His little personality is already shining through!


No comments:

Post a Comment