Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Festivities

Merry Christmas from The Coleman Family!




These our newest family pics we used in our Christmas cards. My sweet friend Lindsey is great photographer. Here's her blog


Our best Christmas present was my new niece Hannah!! Our sweet friend Ronda made me these dresses for the girls. I decided I am starting a tradition of giving my girls Christmas dresses each year. I told my husband it is much cheaper than trying again for a girl. And I made them their bows - so blessed to have nieces that I can dress up. It helps that they are soooo cute! Baby Hannah and my sister, Misty, are both doing great.





We had a Progressive Dinner with some of our great friends from our Community Group. We had "appetizers" at the Schulte's House. This is in quotes because Candice made enough for an entire meal. They were all delicious. Then back to our house for the actual meal, I love an excuse to set the table and pull out the china! Then on the Allen's for dessert (a cake from Shelby Lynn's - yum). We all have kids around the same age, so usually when we are together it's chaos. Tonight we had hours just to talk together and laugh much too hard.


Our "Community Group" rolled out for our annual White Elephant party. Although we all love the Lord, it gets a little out of control! Our original group started 7 years ago and has added members as the years have pasted and we have spilt into several community groups. Perhaps we all know each other a little too well. For the whole scoop check out my friend Lindsey's Blog.


Jack and I (while Will watched attentively) made a gingerbread house. It looked nothing like the box, but my sweet boy loved it. Although he didn't quite understand that we weren't supposed to eat the decorations.



Our family went to the Christmas Eve service at Fellowship in the their p.j.'s. I have been so excited to do this since before I had kids (but we are usually out of town.) It was a lovely experience - I love Christmas carols and worship. Then we went to my aunt and uncle's house for dinner, but we had to fit in our annual reading of The Night Before Christmas. Then home to lay out cookies for Santa, say good-bye to Thomas (our Elf on the Shelf) and off to bed!


"For unto us a child is born..."
My Christmas morning pictures didn't turn out very well but here are the boys by their stockings. Jack had a little accident in his Christmas P.J.'s so he chose Razorback P.J.'s to wear. Go Hogs!


One of his most favorite presents was a big boy bike and helmet. I can't believe he is so big! From my sweet family!


 

On Christmas we made a Happy Birthday Jesus cake. J.J. did this every year with his mother. I thought it was such a great tradition to honor the true meaning of the holiday. Jack and I have made one together since he was born!

No comments:

Post a Comment